Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Abby & Tia's Day Together

Wow, I am getting behind on our blog because we've been too busy having fun...so the day before yesterday  was the day that everyone else hiked Na Pali, and Abby, my mom and I went to Kilauea. While my mom was in the dentist's office, I took Abby around the corner to the Kilauea bakery to get her a treat. She got a cinnamon roll, and I got an iced coffee. There were lots of tropical birdies flying around and so she was feeding them some crumbs. She even found a lucky nickel! The we went into Island Soap and Candle Works and I bought her a Kauai Kiss lip gloss, this place had so many wonderful tropical soaps, candles and lotions.
My mom called and was done at the dentist, so we picked her up and took her home. She's doing much better now, and her situation has improved a lot. I took Abby into Hanalei for a trip to the post office and grocery store, and also got her a shaved ice. I love spoiling my niece, I don't get the chance to spoil her often enough!
So we ate our shaved ices, and took a nap. Right before she fell asleep she was telling me that she had a loose tooth and she might lose it while we are here in Kauai. Then  she asked me, "Tia, do you think that the tooth fairy will come all the way over to Kauai to give me a dollar if I lose my tooth?" I told her, "For you, I bet she would." Then she drifted off to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to hear your mom is having dental issues while on vacation :(

    Thank you so much for awesome birthday goodies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am having a nice warm cup of Kona Coffee right now!! I'm also wearing my yummy lip gloss. Too bad the hawaiian shaved ice melted ;)

    ReplyDelete