Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Na Pali Coast


I was mortified when I discovered that I left my camera battery back at the beach house but I decided to use Ariel's camera since it would have taken forever to drive back. It took almost 20 mins for me just to get over this tragedy! At least Ariel had a brand new Canon SD1200 so I was familiar with the functions and made the best of it.

We started the 8 mile hike at 10am and finished around 3:45, it was two miles to the beach then another two to Hanakapiai Falls. It was a pretty challenging hike but well worth it.

The weather was overcast and some of the trail was muddy and slippery. You literally had to focus foot placement every step.
We ran into this sign which show how many have died from the rough waters.

When we got to the falls, we all did not hesitate to jump in the pool even though it was freezing. Boy that was a shock to the system and it was so cool swimming under the falls. the spray stung my head but it was bearable. The last two miles coming back were the toughest because I was tired and it was steep buy we all made it safely. It was truly a blast today!


2 comments:

  1. Nice sign, are the check marks the number of "visitors" who have died?

    ReplyDelete