Monday, February 22, 2010

We Love It Here!

The night before last we checked into our beach house, "Kahakai," in Hanalei.Knowing that we were headed to a beach house in Hanalei, we would have been happy with anything, and I think it would have been impossible to disappoint us. But we got to this place, and we were blown away! The house has four rooms, and a nice living room and kitchen area for everyone to hang out. There is a beautiful deck out front looking toward the ocean, which is just beyond the yard. The yard though is like a football field! When we first arrived we all ran out there and went crazy. Abby was running around the yard like an airplane with her arms outstretched, I was doing kart wheels, and Rob was throwing the ball to Josh, and then Josh and David started wrestling on the grass. We were all so excited! Then we all ran out to the beach and swam in the waves, the ocean was beautiful out because the sun was setting. We took Abby Grace out with us, she was so brave swimming out in the ocean and ducking the waves. She even caught a wave in by herself on the boogie board!
Yesterday my sister and Abby swam first thing in the morning, then took a run,  (or vice-versa.) Then my sister and Abby and I took a long walk all the way to the end of Hanalei Bay. Rob worked on the blog in the morning, then rode cruiser bikes with my brother along the North Shore. Then we had a tropical fruit party for lunch. Abby and Rob were playing tag in the yard too. Then we had cocktail hour, (rum and pineapple drinks!) and made dinner, (shrimp tacos.)
Today Rob, my sister, brother and David are going to hike the Na Pali coast. I am taking my mom to the dentist because she has a dental emergency going on. So after that we will probably just hang out at the beach house or on the beach or in Hanalei. I hope she's ok.
That's all for now, we'll post again soon.
Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment