Saturday, February 27, 2010

Waking up to double rainbows!!!

 
  
  
  
 
As if Kauai hadn't been enchanting enough in every way imaginable already, the island decided to surprise us this morning with a double rainbow! It was breathtaking, and such a special gift for our last day here. We all made wishes on the rainbow, I hope everyone's wishes come true.
 
After the rainbow's magical appearance, we all went out to breakfast at the St. Regis in Princeville. It was a really nice breakfast with spectactular views. From breakfast, Rob and Josh went snorkeling in a spot just below where we ate breakfast, and I came home with the rest of my family so I could go rent a surfboard. I rented my surfboard and caught some waves. I'm not very good at surfing but I love to do it, and I stood up a few times and caught a few waves! It was always a dream of mine to surf in Hanalei. I was so ecstatic to finally get to do it.
 
 
The day actually didn't go by too fast, maybe that was another one of Kauai's gifts. We all got good beach time, swimming, surfing, boogie boarding, or whatever. Rob spent some time getting some shots of the Hanalei Pier. It's Hanalei's identifying landmark. I love these next two ones he took.
 
  
  
  
  
This evening we celebrated my mom and David's 25th wedding anniversary by opening up a bottle of champagne, and then watching them renew their vows on the beach in Hanalei. Abby was blowing bubbles, the sun was setting, and David drew a heart in the sand, so that all of us could stand inside it.
Everyone shared a blessing or a wish with them. It was a heartfelt celebration.
 
  
  
  
 

We had one last dinner here tonight, talking, laughing and reminiscing about our trip. Surely we'll be doing that for years to come. Being here has been such a delight. We all wish this trip could last forever, but I know we all feel grateful for every single wonderful moment we've had here. Aloha Kauai, you'll always be in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment