Friday, February 19, 2010

A little slice of Hanalei heaven


Our first night here! We are so happy!


My brother with the sand crab he found on the beach.

Picking up where we left off....once we got our car in Lihue and drove to Princeville where we have a room for two nights until we move to the beach house in Hanalei. We dropped our bags off and went straight to my parents' condo to enjoy some cocktails and our first beautiful sunset. We were pretty ecstatic to be here. After the sun had set, we went to a place for dinner nearby with my family, then called it a night. We were tired after a long day of travel.
We woke up this morning and went to Java Kai's for breakfast in Hanalei. I think it was the best breakfast I've ever had: a cup of Kona coffee, a coconut biscotti, a half of papaya, yogurt and banana slices. I was in heaven. Rob had a breakfast burrito which he said was tasty and spicy but a little small, it was a mini burrito. From there we came to my parents' condo and hung out. The guys hiked down to the beach to explore and my mom and I shopped for awhile in Hanalei. We met them for lunch at Bubba's burgers, which Rob said was "small, but tasty." My brother said the same.

After lunch we took a long walk on the beach in Hanalei, my brother and stepdad David were swimming in the waves. We came back to our hotel, swam in the pool and enjoyed the waterfalls, there was even a warm waterfall in the hot tub! Nice. Then came over to see my family, we all enjoyed one last sunset from this particular place, and made dinner together.

Tomorrow we are headed to the Hanalei Farmer's Market. I can't wait, it's always one of my favorite things to do here. My sister and my niece Abigail also fly in tomorrow. And we are moving from our rooms above Hanalei Bay to the beach house in Hanalei where we will be staying for the next week.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a wonderfully delicious breakfast. Where's mine? :P

    ReplyDelete